Given the following pipeline configuration, the Pipeline Validator claims it is good but the pipeline gives an error: `[pipelines > branches > FOO-10751-snapshot-used-as-clean-source > 0 > parallel > steps > 0]. The step section is empty or null.`
- Am I wrong? How can I fix this?
- Is the pipeline runner wrong?
- Is the Pipeline Validator wrong?
definitions:
steps: # Note: the "&" is a yaml anchor that allows reusing this particular step
- step:
name: &PHP-Code-Quality
image: foo/php-ci:1
script:
- |
php bunch-of-stuff.php
- step:
name: &JS-Code-Lint
image: node:18
script:
- |
npx bunch-of-stuff
- step:
name: &Update-Snapshot
runs-on:
- server.test
- self.hosted
- linux.shell
script:
- bunch-of-stuff.sh
pipelines:
default:
- parallel:
steps:
- step: *PHP-Code-Quality
- step: *JS-Code-Lint
- step: *Update-Snapshot
branches:
FOO-10751-snapshot-used-as-clean-source:
- parallel:
steps:
- step: *PHP-Code-Quality
- step: *JS-Code-Lint
- step: *Update-Snapshot
Eventually, I will want to use a specific branch for staging a release via Pipelines. This is a preliminary step towards that goal.