I've installed Bamboo 9.2.7 and am running into this issue while working through the setup wizard. "Enter license" and "configure instance" are completed with no issues. The "configure database" page is giving me problems.
I'm attemping to "Connect using JDBC," and have left the driver class name at the default provided. For the Database URL, I've entered our database server and the name of the empty database "Bamboo":
jdbc:sqlserver://xxx.yyy.zzz:1433;databaseName=Bamboo
For the user name and password, I'm using known-good credentials. The database is accessible over the network, because Bitbucket is running on this same machine and accessing it without problems.
When I click Continue, I'm taken to the page that reads "Please wait while Bamboo sets up your database..." This persists for 5-10 seconds and then bounces back to the "Configure how Bamboo will connect to your database" page. No error or additional information is displayed.
I have Java Run-time Environment 8u421 x64 installed, with JRE_HOME set to its base path, and the bin/ folder inside added to my system's PATH.
What am I missing?