Hey,
Is there any documentation around this screen?
I've had a bit of a search but come up empty.
Hey @David Harper - I'm Aidan (the founder of Optic, now over Compass which powers the new API tab). You're right, we need better docs here
- We support OAS 3 and up. YAML, JSON, are both supported and you can split the file into a lot of pieces using $ref. Optic knows how to reassemble the file
- Is committing to the repo the only way for it to work --- right now, yes. But we have an API you can use too. Do you not commit your specs? Happy to help you set something else up
- If I have "Enforce Jira Keys" in Bitbucket turned on, but then generate this in my pipeline, that's not going to work without a long running Jira issue just to commit these changes against, right? -- correct, you'll need to commit it to the repo, but the "Enforce Jira Keys" option should not impact anything with the API tab.
Does that make sense? Worth hoping on a call?
Hey Aidan,
Thanks for the quick response. No, we haven't been committing them. They're available on the application itself at `/swagger` (using https://elysiajs.com/plugins/swagger.html) and then as part of the pipeline I cURL a copy from the endpoint locally into a git ignored folder and pass that to Terraform.
I was hoping to just use that gitignored copy and cURL it somewhere but if there is API documentation somewhere or an example repo that'd be very handy and then I don't have to mess with making extra commits to the repo (especially as it is currently "run release on changes to `main`")
Hey @David Harper just checked, we do have a new API endpoint to upload specs and it is stable now.
Let me put in a request to have it documented on the API page for Compass and if it's urgent (like needs to work this week) we can set up a call to do it together
Hey @Aidan Cunniffe ,
Not urgent in the next week but maybe in the next month would be nice.
Happy to give the API a go and if I have more questions then have a call then?
Cheers,
Dave
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.