I have dabbled in Trello over the years but never stuck with it. However now I face a situation where I think it could really help.
We are a small grant foundation with around 50 active grants at any one time (each one is like a project or a business account, I guess?).
Each grant goes through multiple stages (sometimes moving ahead or backwards by more than one stage) in its lifecycle, from application to final report and post-report follow-ups.
Many of the milestones have dates, which I try to track with a spreadsheet but checking the spreadsheet and keeping it updated is time-consuming and messy (sometimes I wish I just got an email reminder, or notification, that a milestone due date was coming and I needed to write to the grant holder to request something... e.g. "OK, it's the second payment tranche, can you send us an invoice?" etc).
I was wondering, do the users here think a single Trello Board could be setup to manage these multiple grants in a way that tracks their passage with our organisation, and can set due dates on each grant that send notifications and keep things in a calendar? It would be fantastic if I could get Trello to track and manage all of this, instead of a very unweildy spreadsheet.
Even better, if there was a way to input a template for each grant at setup (with dates etc) then that would be even better... but no grant is identical, so each would undoubtedly have unique milestones and dates in it too.
If someone could tell me whether this suits Trello (yes because x, maybe because y, or no because z), and comment on the use case, I'd be very grateful!