I am evaluating Compass for a number of reasons including visualizing dependencies between services/components and the health of services/components.
One feature I was hoping to come across was business capability modeling/mapping. For example, I'd like to represent our product/platform as a capability model:
- Account Management
- Add Account
- Add Account Type A
- Add Account Type B
- Update Account
- Disable Account
- Report Management
- Generate Report
- List Reports
- Publish Report
I would then link components, test cases, bugs, stories, etc to get all sorts of insights into the health of these capabilities.
I see that Compass does have the concept of capability, but it seems to be a flat list vs a hierarchy. I can somewhat hack together something using labels and dependencies, but it does feel like a hack and none of the default views seem to support a view like the above.
A couple of questions:
- Am I even looking at the right tool to solve this problem or is Compass the wrong tool. If Compass is a poor fit, any suggestions on what else to look at? I'm already heavily invested in the Atlassian suite.
- If Compass' intent aligns with what I am doing above, does anyone know if hierarchy support is on the roadmap? Has anyone found a different way to get to the outcome I stated above?
Thanks!