Hi,
I have in the past worked in two assignments using Confluence + drawing apps to visualise the company QMS (Quality Management System) . I am now embarking on a third assignment in this topic and I really want to explore if Whiteboards could fullfil the requirements.
The definition
"A quality management system (QMS) is defined as a formalized system that documents processes, procedures, and responsibilities for achieving quality policies and objectives." An ISO 9001 standard.
The requirements
Visualise and hold:
- The organization’s quality policy and quality objectives
- Quality manual
- Procedures, instructions, and records
- Data management
- Internal processes
- Customer Satisfaction from product quality
- Improvement opportunities
- Quality analysis
In practice, what elements are really needed:
- Overall picture of the elements in a QMS
- Being able to click and get to underlying processes, to get into details of a specific process, procedures or instructions.
- Clickable links to reports, portals etc
- Management and control over the elements and the whole
What do you think? If combining Confluence, Whiteboards, Dashboards, Jira and Jira SM I'd say we have a pretty decent competitor to all those expensive purpose made applications (or worse; power points on a hard drive.. or even worse; paper in a dusty binder)
Anyone else having experience on building tooling to support QSM?
All the best
Lisa