Good morning,
Our DBA has setup our git respository and I'm now trying to connect to it from Source Tree. We have verified that our private/public key is working and the key is loaded into pageant. What I don't understand now is do I need to do anything else with the key if its loaded into pageant in the background?? Also I'm not sure what path to use exactly when I try to connect to the repo. I'm choosing 'clone/new' and then choosing 'clone repository' and trying to enter our path..do I need to front this with something like 'ssh://bangit.sis.utk.edu/banner/apps/application_name?? Is that the right action or should I be choosing to 'create new repository' on my local desktop?
I'm just diving headfirst into this and clearly I don't know what I'm doing. I'd be most happy if i could figure out how exactly to connect to our respository so i can see something from my desktop. Apparently I need step by step instructions so if those exist please point me in the right direction.
Thanks in advance for your help.
Stephanie Workman
Senior IT Analyst
University of Tennessee