Ahh, I've tried archive.org, but not oldweb. Maybe have to go look up somethings on the old yahoo search pages!
Never knew these existed. Besides, I lived through all of those haha
I prefer the current state of the web in Chrome browser. Just looking at the geocities.com site I brought up on oldweb brought back memories of slow web connections and click and wait sessions.
I was dreaming when I wrote this so sue \me if I go to fast.
Cause Life is just a party and parties weren't meant to last.
2000 0 0 party over oops out of time.
So tonight I'm gonna browse like it's 1999.
How did I not know about these sites. 😳
you learn something new every day!
I've tried Alta-Vista and Cnet new on Archive.org
That would be the website I used to run from 2000 till 2013: FordEurope.net, an independent portal site about Ford in Europe with news, pictures, club directories, dealer sites, wallpapers, a forum ...
In the beginning, it used to be hosted at GeoCities. As I didn't have an IT education (I graduated as management assistant), I learned HTML during my night shifts at IBM while working at the 24/7 call center/helpdesk and gradually learned to build a basic site, not even using CSS.
Later on, I moved to WordPress and finally to SubDreamer CMS in combination with a phpBB forum.
Calling yourself a "webmaster" was the thing... 🙄😂
Woah, I never knew these existed. Brings back memories of this...can almost hear the sound... :-D
Oh cool! I hadn't used these sites before but I'll be poking around now.
My go to has always been The Way Back Machine https://web.archive.org/
I'm not sure I have a regular site I look up, but I usually use this to research older companies or websites from acquired companies. Like what was that tool called before Atlassian bought them?
I also never heard of these before, but I just wasted spent 10 minutes crashing Navigator and feeling old🙃
Learned something new today! And @Amanda Barber ~ I definitely heard your meme! hahaha
Great question @Kristján Geir Mathiesen, but I had no ideas these existed and really don't want to relive those days of horrible websites that were difficult to navigate. Looking at the image you have above though makes me happy that technology has come so far!
Hi
I didn't even remember that they existed, thanks for bringing it up, I'll check it out.Thank you so much for sharing this kind of stuff
Happy Thursday everyone
1. Angelfire
2. Geocities - I still have a site here memorized where I pirated the entire Star Wars soundtrack... in MIDI. If I can access the site still, I'll post the link. I am 100% the 3 1/2 in. floppies survive in my parent's office in OKC.
3. Altavist, search Myst and Riven walkthrough - If someone ever won Riven without a guide, I fear you. I respect you, but I also fear you.
I always use the Way Back Machine too for this type of "research", although I haven't in a while. Guess the world's moving too fast to go back! although now I'm curious to go check out sites I'd worked on in the very far past....
Hope you had a GREAT Thursday! @Kristján Geir Mathiesen
@Liz Tanner if you find those MIDI versions of the Star Wars soundtrack, please, please share!
You guys rock! Thanks for positive and fun comments. Lots of love all around!
And @Dan Breyen , good one!
Archive i have never tried but oldweb yes But I love the new browsing experience.
Tony Hawk, skatepark
I have examined our company's websites. The content was already fine in the past :-)
i knew archive, but oldweb.today is pretty cool! thanks
Geocities for sure. Also, the classic Space Jam website in all its 1996 glory: https://www.spacejam.com/1996/
it is cool, i do not know about these sities
thanks for sharing @Kristján Geir Mathiesen
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.