Hey Team,
The Question is hard to articulate here but hopefully with more context here someone will understand (and possibly share) my dilemma.
We are currently using Jira Align as the Program level Delivery tool and Jira Software for Team based delivery management as well as Jira Product Discovery for Pre-Delivery Idea capture and Discovery.
Something I am trying to do is align the Epic start and target dates across all 3 tools. Jira Align is currently setup to auto sync the Epic start date to a customer field called "Start Date" and the Epic end date in Jira Align is setup to sync with the Jira default field "Due Date" Per below:

THe intent here is to Link my "Project Start" and "Project Target" fields in JPD to the Jira Field IDs so then the start and end dates are always in Sync.
Start Date is no issue as I am able to link my "Project Start" field to that

However the Standard Due Date field does not seem to be an option when trying to do the same for my "Project Target" field.
Now I believe I can easily create a new custom field here but I am trying to avoid a wider spread change as Delivery teams are already used to using Due Date when making the changes within Jira Software.
Keen to hear if I am missing something here and its a simple fix, or is this a known limitation?