What sounds more like a Friday than vacation and travel? 🌴✈️ In recent years, I’ve discovered the joy of taking workations, and I’ve had some pretty spectacular experiences.
My first trip was to Venice. 🇮🇹

Eco-warrior at heart, I decided to take a 14-hour night bus from Southern Germany to Venice. Visions of watching the sunrise over a calm Adriatic Sea danced in my head.
Spoiler alert: sleep was a distant dream …😴😬
Read more about this epic fail and some general workation planning tips in my blog post: Workation in Venice 🏝 Tips for sightseeing and organization.
Nice workation, not-so-nice commute
Fast-forward to my most recent workation in Nice. 🇫🇷
The city itself was stunning, but sprawling and a bit pricey. My charming Airbnb turned out to be quite a trek from the beach, making that post-work swim a bit of a logistical challenge. 🏖️🕒

Despite the challenges, I always recommend taking workations to everyone, and I’m eager to hear about your workation/travel experiences. Both the good and the not-so-good.
I’m also curious to know how you are planning your workations?
I admit that I am a huge Confluence fan and also plan private things, such as travels, in Confluence. 📅💻
So, let’s exchange thoughts and tips to inspire us to discover the world! 🌟
📸 BONUS POINTS for sharing a fail-pic. 😅
This would be mine.

In a nutshell, it says:
I've just hiked 1.5 hours from the sea up here. ⛰️ I'm sweating like a pig and suddenly a storm 🌧️ comes up, even though I don't want anything more than a stupid photo. Stupid hair. Stupid girl group, I asked to take a picture of me, having my phone far too long already.
Tried so hard … got so far …
In the end ... I’m looking forward to hearing your stories and tips.
Let's start the summer with some travel talk! 🌞