I'm running bamboo under my own user account. My home directory is C:/Users/me/. The bamboo home is C:/Users/me/bamboo-home/. Under my home directory I have .ssh/id-rsa and .ssh/id-rsa.pub.
When I run git submodule update --init from git bash all my submodule update properly.
My bamboo plan is configured to pull from bitbucket using ssh. I've told it to use C:/Users/me/.ssh/id-rsa as it's private key file, and provided it with the passphrase for that key. As indicated above, that ssh key and pasphrase work with all the submodules in my repository. The bamboo plan is configured to use submodules.
When I run my bamboo plan it clones the original repository fine, but fails while checking out submodules.
Permission denied (publickey).
If I make a copy of C:/Users/me/.ssh in C:/Users/me/bamboo-home/.ssh I recieve the same error.
What do I have to do to make bamboo use my original ssh ke/passphrase on submodules? If I need to set up a new ssh key without a passphrase I can do that, but what directory should I put it in that bamboo will pick it up and use it. Is there a configuration setting in bamboo so I can setup deploy-keys?
Edit: I've tried moving both base repository and one of the submodules to https instead of ssh. I configured the base repository to use my bitbucket login and password. The submodule is also under my bitbucket account. After doing this, bamboo pulls the base repository fine, but just sort of hangs when trying to fetch the submodule.
Edit2: I've created ssh keys with no passphrase and put them in C:/Users/me/bamboo-home/.ssh. I setup the bamboo plan to use this key, as well as setting them up with my bitbucket user. This has resulted in the same behavior as last time.