Hey all, I'm scaling up a team of PMs and have adopted JPD. I really want to start ranking ideas using 4 ratings fields: Impact, Frequency, Effort, Complexity. Obviously JPD accepts 1-5 ratings which is great. However, with a team of 5, I need to establish standards across the 4 fields for each rating. I.E. I need to put clear definition around what the difference between a 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5 for each of the 4 ratings. For example, if PM1 rates something that happens daily as frequency=3, and another PM rates something that happens daily as frequency=5, then the ratings become somewhat meaningless. So my goal is to create unanimity across PMs.
I thought I'd ask the community if any one had some standards or definitions they have used for these or similar fields? I know that it's highly subjective, and wildly different across orgs/products, but I'd love to get a jump start instead of starting from scratch.