I'm testing out Bamboo v4.3 and I'm trying to get build triggering working. I have a plan set to "Repository triggers build when changes are committed." I then try to trigger the build and I see this error in the logs:
2012-11-28 15:32:05,933 INFO [qtp282106579-147] [TriggerRemoteBuild] Build request for plan "Z Bamboo Experiments - Accurev Plugin Test" originated from 10.67.4.196 which is not an allowed address (one of[]).
In the trigger configuration for the plan, there is a "Trigger IP Addresses" field that I left blank. If I enter the 10.67.4.196 IP address then the build triggering works fine. The problem is that I dont' want to go and enter that trigger IP address for all my plans nor do people want to remember to enter the IP address of the server that triggers the job. And there are a lot of other reasons why we don't want this check since we tend to change/move servers and things all the time within the company. We run the risk of those values going stale and there doesn't look like a way to bulk update them across all plans.
Can I disable the trigger IP address check? The note under that field says "(Optional) Bamboo ensures that triggers originate from IP addresses of the repository server(s). You can authorise additional IP addresses here, separated by a comma." What's optional? The IP address check entirely or just entering additional IP addresses to check?