Hi,
i'm trying to add an exisiting Mercurical Repo to Sourcetree:
But Sourcetree immediately prompts me to enter a password which would be added to the keychain.
How can I tell it to use the private key located in ~/.ssh/id_rsa ?
No my key is already registered on the server.
The Problem was my local key. SSH told me on the command line:
Permissions 0644 for '/Users/ashiso/.ssh/id_rsa' are too open. It is required that your private key files are NOT accessible by others. This private key will be ignored.
So I changed the permissions:
chmod 700 ~/.ssh/id_rsa
.. and SSH stopped complaining. After that I cloned the repo from the command line, which worked just fine
hg clone ssh://hg@hg.anonymox.net/client
And then added the working repo to Sourcetree. Anyway thanks for the help!
Hi Alexander,
This is most likely because the server rejected your key, which is also why SourceTree is reporting your URL as invalid. Make sure your server has your public key and it's the correct one.
If you need any more help on this one, do let us know.
Hope that's of help
Glad you got it working, thanks for telling us what the problem was, I'll make sure I use your advice if this problem was to crop up again. Could you mark your response as the answer when you get the chance (and I think you have to wait a while until you can mark it as the answer).
Cheers!
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.