Join us tomorrow for our first-ever Live Learning session for Loom, and earn a community kudos badge for sharing a bit about what you’ve learned or are excited about.
The instructions are simple:
Attend the May 22nd session live (or watch the recording at your convenience!)
Come back to this post and share a Loom tip you learned or one you’re excited to try
That’s it! You’ve earned the badge!
We’re looking forward to hearing more about how you plan to use Loom and learning more about what excites you.
I'm excited about the first official Loom Live Learning session. As a habitual Loom user I know I am not optimizing my usage and this will be a springboard to better usage and results.
It's like SnagIT on steroids! <kinda> But MUCH better! LOVELOVELOVE
The confetti button!
SPLIT BUTTON!! sweet
I'm gonna make it a part of the official Loom training at Emplifi
My highlight was learning how to splice the video to remove unwanted content, but preserve the rest. Thanks @Matt Reiner _K15t_!
Woop woop! Thanks @Matt Reiner _K15t_ for the great session. New thing I learned? You can have speaker notes handy that won't be recorded 👀 Game changer.
That was an amazing session! Really recommend it to everyone who want to get started with Loom and learn about the features and functionalities.
What I learned:
Thank you so very much @Matt Reiner _K15t_! 👏💙
Good app if you're starting out making videos for your Atlassian products. Nice to get a badge for attending the training, too! You can get a bit more info about the differences in plan capabilities at https://www.loom.com/pricing .
Love to hear that!!
OK, you win for learning the most!
Yes to this, also any info about how/when this will be managed in the Atlassian billing system rather than a standalone (like Trello).
Always love Matt's videos - this was fantastic. Great intro to Loom.
It's so cool to add/trim videos! The AI functions (writing docs, creating issues, and drafting messages) also look awesome. Way to go Matt!
Wow, thank you very much, I didn't remember this and it's been great to remember it, I've already saved the page in my favorites and now I just have to start.
Thank you very much @Matt Reiner _K15t_ for the very explanatory session, great !!! 👌
This confetti is awesome! 🎉🎉🎉 I also agree that it's important to keep the camera close and be yourself. I sometimes record short videos about jira or confluence for my users. I didn't zoom in the page on the video, so thanks for reminding me to do that!
Your list of takeaways showcases the depth of knowledge shared during the session, covering everything from basic video creation to advanced settings and functionalities. It's evident that the session was a valuable learning experience for everyone involved, and I'm excited to dive deeper into Loom myself!
The enthusiasm from this group about the Loom Live Learning session is contagious! It's inspiring to see everyone eager to optimize their usage and explore the platform's features.
I just watched the recording of the livestream and so enjoyed learning so many things about Loom! So exciting! First, thanks so much @Matt Reiner _K15t_! Love the Loom button in Chrome and the Loom mobile app! So great!
Enjoyed the recording, very good job @Matt Reiner _K15t_ !
My favorite tip was how Loom adds a title, a summary, and chapters to your video.
Creating videos will no longer be a burden
@Andy Gladstone I wish this was true. 😂 But, just because I can list a lot of things we went through, doesn't mean I've learned the most. 😉 However, I need to say, I'm very invested into Loom and this session contributed to the fact that I think it's a very cool tool. So I'm ready to try it out and learn even more. 😊
Loved this session @Matt Reiner _K15t_ - thank you!!From the audience chat, I got some great Loom feature request ideas for Trello and Confluence customers — all noted, y'all!
Totally flashed by the AI integrations - like the transcript option a lot!
Thanks @Matt Reiner _K15t_
Haven't used Loom before, will start now after watching this.
Making looms is a time saver for documentation of process, easy quick to use and edit, and the results are amazing.
Tip: Going full screen and zooming in is so helpful, makes such a difference providing the correct focus to your audience. Love it!
@Kristie Riojas
Question: Does this happen only to me or has the badge not been awarded yet despite having completed the steps?
@Vronik I got mine right after I was done with the requirements.
It was a really nice session about loom! I am very excited to implement first videos for my team :-)Thank you for the great intro and useful tips!
I didn't get my badge yet either, @Kristie Riojas
@PJ Zaiac Can you help ensuring Vronik and Amanda get their cool Loom Learner badge?
Confetti 🎉button is the one thing like - you would never think that you need it, but it's so cool that it's there 😅
And I would agree with Matt there about Loom AI - we've tested it in early beta and I was really impressed about all of the features and how great it works 😀
I like how loom creates a step by step when using Loom AI.
Yes, the Loom has been a valuable tool for me since my time with Teams 24. I have consistently relied on it for its standout feature - the AI that generates video summaries. This has made it effortless for me to create comprehensive Confluence pages containing all the necessary details and videos. It has proven to be incredibly helpful in onboarding others to new features, providing quick explanations, and addressing questions in a more personalized manner.
Loved the practical tips like "zoom in" and "be authentic, not perfect"
I didn't know much about Loom before the sessions. Very informative, will be playing with Loom soon.
There were a few tips I took from the recording session.
Great list!
... I think I need to watch the video again 🤣
Hi @Kristie Riojas ,
Watched the recording today. Very educational!!Also the general tips about recording a video.
Thanks @Matt Reiner _K15t_ & Steffen Burzlaff.
Regards, Marco
Finally got around to watching the stream. While editing the video you can trim the silence or phrases/words you don't want there. Super cool and simple to do this.
My favorite Loom tip is to follow all of @Matt Reiner _K15t_ 's videos and shorts on YouTube, he's a legend. 😉 And yes, the Confetti button does the trick... 🎉
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.