Need an assistant to disable time tracking when creating an issue? Here I attached the screenshot also.
Hi @Ramesha and welcome to the Community,
looks like somebody configured these 3 fields as "required" in the Field Configuration for this or all issue types.
If you change that config, the fields won't be required at all (at any stage of the lifecycle). If you need values for Time tracking at a specific point in time, it's best to have a transition screen and make the fields required on there per Workflow Validator.
Hi ICT4,
I am new here too but here is what it looks like in the Configuration Settings for the Issue
It looks like the Time Tracking field is *required by default and the only other option is for it to be removed in the configuration settings of the form. When I hovered over the greyed-out option to make it required the message said Jira created this field, you can't rename it or change if it is required.
Jenny
@Ramesha Last month I was tasked with identifying the configuration of a new Jira project for my team. I was not familiar with how to configure a project in Jira. Field requirement configuration was one of those areas that stumped me as well. Fields are identified as required or not required in the Issues View Field Configuration page. I hope the below screenshot is helpful to you
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.