Hi all,
Please let me know what you think is the right way to parse maven logs.
I broke my build into three steps: core, clientUI, installer. Each is a multi project maven build. I use "Script" tasks and a script file with targets to handle each step so I ensure the how-to-build is captured in source control. I setup clientUI and Installer to always run so I'll always get an installer even if the clientUI tests fail that one step
now, I have bamboo logs which are difficult to read. I plan to add a parsing step that captures the bamboo log analyze it and write a summary. Were I using ant, I'd set ant to use XML output, slurp it into a structure, extract my data and write a summary. Since I'm using maven, I'm looking at writing a plain text parser for maven.
The effort involved is non trivial and I'm wondering if I'm making this harder than it needs to be.
Do any of ypu run multi-step maven builds in bamboo plans and how to handle extracting the relevant bits out of the inner build steps?
Thanks
Peter