Hello,
We are currently running on Bamboo version 9.6.0 ,but have been struggling to get the Tag trigger to work as expected with our Bitbucket Cloud repo following this documentation (https://confluence.atlassian.com/bamboo/tag-triggering-1031180298.html)
Now I understand that the triggering will not work if done on the UI and needs to be pushed via CLI.Is it however mandatory to have the webhooks enabled for the tag triggers to work or is there something else we're missing.
Regards,
Bongani
Hello Bongani,
Welcome to Atlassian community.
I just did a quick testing on my Bamboo version 9.2.1 where I created a tag on Bitbucket cloud from the GUI and didn't create any Webhooks and the Build was trigerred for me, although it took sometime ard ~5 mins for the build to be trigerred.
In the logs you can see the below message
2024-04-30 11:22:22,730 INFO [10-BAM::PlanExec:pool-13-thread-3] [TagBuildAction] Tag build for planKey=SHA-KEY, tagAndRevision=abcd 6d547000358cf446405ca79b13ebdb43b0ae7467
Bamboo tag detection follows the branch detection interval which is 5 minutes by default and adds a time 50% delay to that time so it won't compete with the branch check activities, meaning that tag detection will be running every 300 seconds with a delay of 150 seconds.
My Trigger looks like below
Can you retry these setting and let me know if this works for you, if not do you see any error in the logs?
Shashank Kumar
**please don't forget to Accept the answer if your query was answered**
Hi Shashank
Thanks for your response. I just changed my settings in the tag trigger to match yours as suggested and still the build was not triggered.I'm not quite sure however which logs I need to check for errors since the build details are not on the plan history on Bamboo.
You can start by looking at <bamboo-home>logs>atlassian-bamboo.log file to check if you are getting any errors.
For testing create a new tag and monitor the above logs to see if you see any errors regarding tag detection.
Hi Shashank,
Apologies for the delayed response. I actually tried tailing the logs from both our Bamboo host server and the agent that we currently have the plan running on and no errors regarding the "Tag detection" or any other errors related to it are populating in there.The only ERROR I could see was the ConnectionException one below but I dont really think this is related to anything with the Tag issue.2024-05-03 13:27:21,268 ERROR [xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] [Promise] <<chan#0 / chanreq for env>> woke to: net.schmizz.sshj.connection.ConnectionException: Request failedRespectfully,
Bongani Buthelezi
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.