Let's say I have a deployment environment configured in Bamboo called "qa" whose deploy button deploys the specific build to the qa environment, as you would assume it does. What I'm trying to do now is add another action option that would restart the application's service in that environment.
For example, if the application is PHP and runs on Apache, there would be a button to deploy the code to the environment, as well as a button to simply restart Apache on the environment. The purpose is to provide teams the ability to restart the app without needing to re-deploy.
I have a script that handles the target server list and the service restart command. All I need now is a button that can kick that script off. I thought about adding another environment deployment called "restart-qa" and having that deploy button only restart the qa environment, but that is confusing when it requests a release version to "deploy" since we're not deploying a version...only restarting the existing release on the environment.
Is there any way to do this?