Hi everyone!
I'm looking to sum the number values from an Epic Field held in each linked Epic (Story Point Estimate) into my Idea's Custom Field (inventively called Linked Epic Story Point Total).
Does anyone know how to build an Automation Rule to achieve this?
I already have Automation Rules built into regular JIRA Cloud that achieve this e.g.
For Stories I join the Fields of Subtasks and the parent Story to sum the Story points:
{
"fields": {
"Story point estimate": {{#=}}{{subtasks.Story point estimate.join(" + ")}}{{/}}
}
}
For Epics I use a different method i.e. first I lookup Issues e.g.
Lookup Issues: parent = "{{triggerIssue.parent.key}}"
Then for Parent I sum the total:
{
"fields": {
"Story point estimate": {{lookupIssues.Story point estimate.sum}}
}
}
But despite tinkering with similar methods to link an 'Ideas' to its linked Epic, I can't make it 'read into these linked Epics' and then sum the "Story Point Estimate" values into that Idea's "Linked Epic Story Point Total" Field.
Has anyone else tried and succeeded with similar?