Okay Trello Dev Dudes - I've struggled trying to figure out how to do this and for alllllll the features that Trello offers, why this one isn't or wasn't included in the initial release, OR in the at least 2 years since I've seen it inquired about has me baffled.
Now, if there's a FEATURE REQUEST area, let me know, I'll add this there and a petition of upvotes to get it implemented - but for meeeee - IF you can add an item to a calendar - it should be available to be reported on.
I know enough "code" to be dangerous but I do know that the date field on a checklist is a variable (probably something like checklist-item-due or js-checklist-item-due) - and the function probably behaves like so: Does said variable have a date? yes or no - if no, don't add to the calendar - if yes, add to the calendar, check for labels, colors and members and slap it on the calendar. Close enough?
Well that being said, why isn't that variable added to the Trello Reporting/Butler tool?
We can provide the same conditions that are available for a standard card - but give us the ability to show it in a report.
More often than not a card is an umbrella that covers a number of subtasks that have to be completed to fulfill said card. The fact that we can't report on checklists other than a handful of ischecklistcompleted / ischecklistnotcompleted / hasachecklist etc feels like an afterthought, when the dates tied to cards in our checklists are overly beneficial to the success of any given project.
We look a card as a milestone - and the subtasks help fulfill that milestone - but we can't run a weekly report to let everyone know what's on their plate because reports don't recognize the dates on the checklist items. It's crazy to me that there's a dependency feature but not checklist item due date reporting capability. I've never used the dependency feature but I always use the due dates.
So, can we please take a look at how this can be implemented?
Provide us a workaround if you don't want to implement it or at the very least, allow reports the ability to see the checklist item due date variable within the Trello card as an item to be included in a report?
Thank you so much in advance.
(any chance this can be done by next Friday?)
Hey never hurts to ask right? :-)