I am creating individual client boards, mirroring onto the master board for overall task view. Is there a way to have the Card name autogenerate to add the match client board name to help keep track?
@Deborah Brown welcome to the community how are you mirroring the cards currently? Are you using butler automation, a power-up like Unito, or something else? The answer will depend on what method you're using
Thank you for responding, I am currently trying the power-up placker, but have tried Unito. I was trying to do an automation trigger, but couldn't get it to do what I wanted
@Deborah Brown This is currently only supported through Power-Ups, but we're tracking interest in it here: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/TRELLO-110
I'm not sure if it's possible with Placker. With Unito you can map the board name into a custom field or the description. You can also auto-label incoming cards in the master with the board name. As an alternative, you could create a butler rule that automatically pre-fixes the card's name with the board name. This would apply on the "origin board". Something like: "when a card is added to the board, rename the card to "[{boardname] - {cardname}". You could use a project ID if the board name is too long (e.g. the board name is "Project 1", the ID could simply be "P1"). As for butler as a solution for mirroring cards, it won't give you a true sync, but you can set it up to auto-copy cards across boards and then automatically update the copy when certain things happen (e.g. date changes, label updates, etc.). You can bring over the board name using the {boardname} variable and pre-fix this to the card name. If you want to use Unito or butler, I'd be happy to help further if you need
Thank you for your help. Could you help me set up Butler to do that?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.