Last year my 7 year old daughter's school had a couple of chicken eggs that they hatched in an incubator, and she was delighted after they had hatched that she was able to gently hold one.
She was also excited when it came time for the chicks to be rehomed that the children were able to vote on where they should go.
The best memory of spring is being able to take off my warm clothes, see the color of the flowers reborn after a long winter and being able to start planning beach and mountain vacations, since I am a person who loves warmth
Daffodils always remind me of Spring. When I see those starting to bloom, I know that winter will be coming to an end soon.
When I was a child I remember the Pohutukawa trees flowering in the spring, and knowing that it would be Christmas soon!
I like this season but sadly, allergies
When I was a kid in upstate New York, I knew it was spring when the lilacs bloomed. I always loved the scent and the beautiful flowers. So did my mom—I would always bring a few branches of flowers into the house for her.
No particular memories of spring itself, but it is my favorite time of year - not too cold, not too hot, everything blooming again, April birthday... it's always just generally been a happy time. 😊
You knew it was spring in High School when it was time for baseball practice to start! Even though you probably were in the gym for a few weeks, just knowing that sometime soon, you will be on the diamond and enjoying America's past time!
Today, you know it's spring when you can safely put away the snow shovels, boots and snowmobile suits, and put the snow blower away because now there's green stuff to cut in the yard.
Every year we spend time doing spring clean-up as a family in the yard. My wife creates a list of items that need to be done and then we all do different jobs until everything is taken care of. Fun time working together to get everything looking nice for another growing season.
My latest spring memory was today. With all of the kids home for Passover, my wife and my 23, 20, 17 and 14 year old sons and 10 year old daughter went to a county park where we played soccer, frisbee and baseball for hours. We had such a great time, and everyone left with smiles and some sun on their faces. Usually it’s like taking my kids to the dentist to get them all to agree on anything, but today was like a day in paradise.
Sunshine, green grass, the smell of orange soda, young people running on campus and the new photos I just took yesterday@Shanghai SkyBridge HQ 😀
Not plant related, but growing up in Oregon they did "Take your child to work day" in April. I always looked forward to it b/c I never understood what my dad did (Accountant), I just knew he used a computer which was really cool (and he had his own cubicle where he could put up pictures and cool stuff).
It also helped that the rest of the workplace was all in, and it was also cool that I got to skip school for valid reasons.
I think the best part about it was that me (being the oldest) always got to go, and my younger sisters didn't. Half the fun is rubbing it in your sisters' faces.
It's always spring in Malaysia...just freaking hot.
Seeing nature coming back to life! doin its thing by nature's clock no matter what. What discipline!
I love seeing my fenugreek and coriander seeds sprout. Look forward to expanding my garden.
Living in Canada, the first true signs of spring is the tapping of trees for sap to make maple syrup. For those who don't know, we start to tap trees to collect as soon as it gets sunny and warm during the day, but still drops below freezing during the nights. That's when the sap travels from the roots to the branches.
A tap will collect perhaps 1 gallon (4 liters) or more in a day from one tree without any harm to the tree. When you have enough collected, you need to boil it to reduce it 40x. That's right. 40 gallons of sap = 1 gallon of syrup. That's it. Nothing else is added. It's a fun time for the kids for sure.
Hi! @Kristján Geir Mathiesen
Spring is a time of special celebration for us Indians - Festival of Colours - Holi! We put colours on each other, play with dry and wet colours, there is a religious pooja held in various temples and homes, and we have traditional sweets and beverages! There is jokes, music and dancing galore! Parties throughout the day! I love Holi!
Holi is a celebration of Spring and colours - the colours of Life!
@Kristján Geir Mathiesen
I too love the season and you just made my feelings alive by this post.
Vikram P
Springtime for me brings back the memory of working in Washington, D.C and walking through the cherry blossoms around the monuments. The bright pink blooms change the entire look of the city from solemn and stone to vibrant and living. The Cherry Blossom Festival would bring in thousands of additional tourists to the city, and you could easily get lost in the throngs of people walking along the Reflecting Pool, families smiling and laughing, soaking in the wonder that would soon be past until the snows thawed the next year. Annual anticipation.
That sounds like such a lovely memory! Spring really does have the best smells, doesn't it? The fresh air mixed with blooming flowers and that clean-cut grass scent - it's invigorating.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.