I'm building a Trello email report. The report simply lists all the description fields from a number of cards. In each card, the description is a URL.
The pattern I've set in the automation is "[{carddescription}]({carddescription})\n" but simply putting "{cardescription}\n" gets the same result in the report: a list of the URLs.
However, in each card, the description field of the card shows the URL as an inline link — that is, it displays the META title of the URL rather than showing the URL itself. (this is the smartlink, i guess?) And that's just what I want to reproduce in the report.
I'm getting:
What I'd like to get is the title of the page as a hyperlink:
- The Blah Blah Blah
- The Yeah Bam Boom
Is there a way to get the report to include the inline link as it does in the description field of the card?
I've tried adding the link as an attachment and then copying the name of the attachment — {attachmentname} — but that hasn't worked. I've also tried workarounds to use the variables {mentionlessmentiontext} and {linklessmentiontext}, among others, but with no luck.