Happy Friday, Community! With all this building anticipation for Team ‘24, which is coming up in just a few weeks (holler if you see me there by the way!), it’s got me reflecting on other moments of hype and expectation in my life.

I can remember the frenetic eagerness I felt as a kid the day before some family vacations or good friends’ birthday parties.
I also remember feeling intense excitement while in the car on the way to Six Flags: Great America or Cedar Point (for folks outside of the Midwest USA, these are theme parks and I LOVED roller coasters in my youth).

Sometimes, I even felt this way waiting for the midnight premiere of films I was stoked to see. I’m pretty sure I saw the opening night showings of some of the Harry Potter movies.

It’s fun and exciting to feel this level of hype for something. There’s a childlike energy to these moments that can’t be forced or faked, which I think makes them pretty special.
What about you? When have you been most hyped? What’s a moment (or several) you can remember where you felt the buzz of anticipation shaking through your entire body?
Maybe you’re in this state now. Whatever the case, I’d love to hear about it.
Have a great end of the work week and an even better weekend! 💜