Hi everyone.
I am looking for advice from those who have been using JPD.
We recently started using JPD for both our Product team and our Data Science team.
One problem that is surfacing now is that because there is so much excitement around JPD, people want to add everything to JPD. I am having a hard time distilling what should go there and what shouldn't. For example, should JPD be where all stakeholders can see ALL projects that these teams are working on? The way I see it is that only actual ideas should go there, and while those might eventually become "projects," we still need to track the work in Jira Software or Jira Work Management and link it to JPD. But if we have projects that are already in progress, having those "transferred" to JPD seems odd to me. JPD should not be a "replacement" for Jira Software or Jira Dashboards, where we can see all projects in progress, but a place were discovery and ideation take place. Of course, those ideas do become projects eventually, but the actual work should still be tracked in Jira Software or Work Management, in my opinion.
Anyway, I hope this makes sense. Is anyone struggling with something similar? It might be part of the pains of introducing a new tool. I feel like we need something like a "criteria for inclusion" in JPD (what goes there and what does not, and what should we use it for and what should not use it for). I know there isn't one answer to this, but I am super curious to hear your thoughts!
Thanks in advance!