For various reasons I have not been able to be in person at an event, only once in streaming, incredible events are seen, unfortunately I can contribute little ;o(
On a personal level, the memory (really memories) that stand out most are meeting the people I spend so much time communicating with through the online community. It's the modern day version of pen pals finally meeting in person.
On an Atlassian level, 2022 stands out as a year where so many improvements to Confluence were announced, ones that I use everyday and could not live without.
The only tradition I will keep while visiting Atlassian events (Team events) is catching up with my dear Community friends. 💙
Work and self-development wise, I always pick at least 3 sessions I want to see, usually dedicated to areas I want to improve in. I always try to make notes and have a chat with the speakers after their session to make sure my brain values the time spent there.
Same, I haven't been able to attend any Atlassian event yet
I also have never attended. This is my first job where my main tool is an Atlassian product. I will try to fit some digital sessions in, but I would love to meet all of you in person.
I wish I had some! I have not had the opportunity to attend yet. Had my tickets for it in 2020, which got cancelled due to Covid. 😢
My first Community Leaders dinner really stands out to me. I couldn't believe how well we were treated by the whole Community Manager team and all of the Atlassian senior execs that showed up. And then the wonderful food and the awards and the table conversation. It was a little overwhelming with goodness.
The only Atlassian event I attended in person was the 2014 AtlasCamp in Berlin. I enjoyed the event greatly, and I was also impressed by the city of Berlin. It's hard to believe that ten years have passed since then, time really flies. I am eagerly looking forward to seeing all of you in Vegas.
First Summit, first Bash 2014. Steamy hot, elbow to elbow dancefloor. 🕺
Nothing like the ballroom vibe in Vegas, but I hope we never fit in such a small space again!
Believe!
Can't wait to make some memories at my first Team!
Team'23 was the first Team / Summit event I attended.
Good meet-up, good food, great party.
2019 is my one and only in-person Summit I attended. But you know what they say, what happens in Vegas ...
#TBT
I've attended 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, and 2019 as an Atlassian and have amazing memories from those days. From organizing an Ecosystem event in a meeting room inside the Shark Tank at the Mandalay Bay in 2019 to being caught off guard by Scott suddenly asking me questions about how the event was going in 2015. I've also attended the 2023 Summit and look very much forward to attending this year!And to be honest: most of my amazing memories have to do with meeting and having fun with Atlassian Community Leaders and Marketplace Vendors. Spotting old Atlassian community backpacks and t-shirts at Atlassian events is still one of my favorite things to do. Some of my absolute favourite swag items include: the Atlassian karma King t-shirt, the green Atlassian Answers Backpack, and the Blue Atlassian Allstars hoodie.
I completely agree with @John Funk. My first Community Leader Dinner two years ago was also absolutely crazy to me. And it blows my mind every time, I'm sure this year will be no different.
Also, my two previous years felt completely different due to different people joining me - I'm curious how this year's experience will be. No doubt unique!
Mike and Scott used to share a suite at the hotel of Summit and the last guests (very few) ended the last drinks pretty late there. #fullyimmersed #commitmenttoecosystem
+1 for the people. The face to face connections, both old and new friends cannot be beat. Team offers so many opportunities to connect! Love it.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.