Is there a way to use a formula in a custom field?
@Kelly Gabel can you expand a bit around what you want to achieve? It is possible to perform basic arithmetic operations with numerical custom fields, but it's pretty limited.
@Hannah Humbert - Simpla Workflows
Absolutely! I have a Budget Tracker and a Custom Field for Revenue and one for Expenses. I'd love to have a Profit field that automatically calculates the Profit between the two, so = Revenue - Expenses
@Kelly Gabel you should be able to use butler to calculate that. Have a look at this article here down the bottom under Custom Field Arithmetic. Let me know if you need any help setting it up 😊
@Hannah Humbert - Simpla Workflows Ok took me a few tweaks to get it right, but that totally worked! The only follow up question I have, so I used a trigger of when Revenue and Expenses are complete, then... but I'd love it to update in real time. I just didn't see an option for keeping it synced, like when those fields are updated vs. complete.Is that not available, or did I just miss it?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.