Hello,
We are currently migrating to a new Bamboo version and I'm remaking our pipelines.
One thing I noticed is, on every pipeline, Branch Merging is enabled with the "Branch Updater" option.
Everything is fine with it, I think.
A couple of builds for projects with development and master branches are failing. For some reason when building development branch on new Bamboo, it tries to merge itself with master branch and it fails due to conflicts. I don't understand why this is happening?
P.S. I noticed that the same projects have Branch Merging disabled for development branch in old Bamboo. I'm guessing someone ran into the same problem as I am currently.
What to do?
Thank you.
Update: I found a post on SO that says "The "Branch Updater" feature is to merge the code from master branch into feature branch after a successful build of the master branch.".
Is this only valid for branches that start with "feature/"?