We are about to go live with a new product discovery project. I understand the difference between a creator role and a contributor role. I have two use cases that I could use some help with.
- We have an automation rule that creates an idea from a JSM issue. However, the support agent does not have a creator role so they cannot edit the summary. Often times, the summary our customers send needs to be updated to something that makes sense.
- This is a variation of #1 above. Most of our employees will be contributors so they can add ideas. However, once the idea is created, they can't make changes to the summary or description.
What I'm trying to avoid is a lot of work on the product team to have to fix mistakes or make simple updates to the summary or description. However, I don't want to give all our employees creator access. For 1, that's more money for licenses just to update simple things, and 2, I don't want them to be able to edit/add views.
Does anyone have a recommendation?
It seems to be there is a missing role or that the contributor role should be slightly updated. If a contributor can add an idea, it seems like they should (at a minimum) be able to edit ideas they created. I don't want them to have greater access to edit/create views. Without this, I will spend a lot of time asking them to tell me the change that needs to be made so I can make it for them. That doesn't help me save time. That adds a lot of wasted time to my day.
Thanks for any help you can provide!