I want all of my issues to be linked to some epic, so that no issue is unaccounted.
Hi,
This isn't necessarily a Product Discovery question, but I'll try to answer.
There are two ways of making fields mandatory:
It looks to me you would like to do the second, but unfortunately, that is not possible for the Parent field specifically. The workaround is to change your workflow and add a validator on the Create transition that checks if the field is empty.
More information is available here: Configure advanced issue workflows | Atlassian Support
Hi @Himani ,
Peter has some good info. And yes, this sounds like a Jira question (not Jira Product Discovery).
I would add that in a team managed project, you'll want to make sure the field for the epic name is active, and in a Team Managed Project, the field is titled "parent name" in the field chooser.
Also, you can utilize Automation to send a notification if an issue is created with a blank epic. This, combined with some team education, is another route to take.
@Ashish
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.