Hi all,
I am trying to create an automation that will create cards from checklist items and copy those cards onto the To Do lists of various workspace members. Does anyone know how to set this up using Butler or a free power up?
Here's an example:
On our organization's grant-writing board, we create a different card for each grant proposal that we're working on. Then, we create a checklist on that card, assign due dates, and assign different workspace members to checklist items.
I would love if, as we assign checklist items, those items automatically generated cards and copied them over to each member's To Do board/ list. Even better if the cards could be linked to the checklist items, such that as someone checks their card as "Complete" the checklist automatically marks the item as complete.
Is there a way to set up an automation that would generate new cards from checklist items, retain the due dates and member assignments, then copy those cards to each workspace member's individual To Do board/ list? I want this to happen while keeping the original checklist intact, so everyone can still reference that list to see how our tasks fit together.
I feel like this should not be hard, but I cannot figure it out! Thank you for any help!