Hi! I just found out that Trello automations can use regex, which is going to open up a whole new realm of possibilities for me!
All of my card names contain a six-digit number. I can get the trigger to fire when I add a card that contains the number with this sort of thing:
regex:/\d{6}/
But I can't figure out how to get the actions to recall that number and do things with it. For example, I'd love to do something like,
When a card with a name containing "regex:/\d{6}/" is added to the board, set custom field Job Code to [the number]
The number bit is the part I can't figure out how to do. Is there a way to use wildcards without specifying surrounding text? Could I set that number string as a wildcard somehow? I just want it to pick out the 6-digit number and do operations with that data. Thank you!