We are still using local Atlassian accounts. However, we are moving to SSO soon.
We have many user accounts with old emails. A lot of those accounts have duplicate accounts with their current email addresses. With those new/duplicated accounts I have revoked all access since the permissions are attached to the original/active account.
Example:
UserA_old - usera@OLDdomain.com - permissions set
UserA_new - usera@NEWdomain.com - no permissions set
I need the account with usera@NEWdomain.com to match the permissions of UserA_old
- What can I do to change the active account to the new email address so that SSO log them into that active account and not the duplicated/"no access" account?
- Can I use the "Suggest changes" button in the user account to change the email address associated with the active account?
----- Will Atlassian error out since there is a duplicate account?
----- Will Atlassian merge the accounts?
- Do I need to disable/suspend access for the duplicate account first and then "Suggest changes"?
- Is there anything I can do if the user cannot receive email on the old account?
Thanx in advance!!!