We have recently moved to Delegated Authentication because the main LDAP Directory is too big( 50k+ users ), to be directly used in Crowd.
The Problem we are facing now is in Crowd 2.1.1 is, if a user does a successful authentication in any of the application, a user is automaticaly created( even though he might not have any access and he might not even be granted any access in future). So this will create a lot of unnecessary users in Crowd.
I checked the database table cwd_directory_attribute and found this attribute "crowd.delegated.directory.auto.create.user" with a value "true", and I think this is the thing which is creating the users.
Now my question is, if I just change it to false, will it stop creating the users and do I need to restart Crowd server and do we have any other neat/clean way to do this or this is the only solution.