Hi there,
In our Jira Product Discovery project I have a custom field for the "End Date" that includes a start and end date. Ex:
| cf[11979] = {"start":"2024-03-01","end":"2024-03-31"} |
I am attempting to create an automation to change a project's status color from green or yellow to RED once the "End Date" has passed.
When trying to create the automation:
When: Scheduled
Then: Edit Issue (To change the project status to RED)
I am getting hung up in the JQL due to operators not being supported by the custom field:
project = "My Project" AND status = "Project in Progress" AND status not in("Project Closure") AND cf[11979] ~ "> -1d" |
My first thought was to change the custom field to include the End Date only and have a separate custom field for the start date.
With Admin permissions I am unable to:
a.) Locate the custom field to edit except for tracking down the JSON code for a clue using
https://<yourinstance>.atlassian.net/rest/api/3/field resulting in this code:
{"id":"customfield_11979","key":"customfield_11979","name":"End Date","untranslatedName":"End Date","custom":true,"orderable":true,"navigable":true,"searchable":true,"clauseNames":["cf[11979]","End Date"]
My second thought was to find a way for the JQL code right to just pull the "end":"[Date]" for purpose of the automation (see underlined below)
| cf[11979] = {"start":"2024-03-01","end":"2024-03-31"} |
Alas, no progress in either direction. Has anyone else ran in to this during automation?