I am new to Atlas. We have many projects in JIRA. I want to set up an easy dashboard in Atlas for him to get weekly updates.
The Project Updates screen should work for this. Each project your manager is following will show up here.
Alternatively, you can label each project, and your manager can follow the topic that corresponds to the label. The Topic screen (navigate to https://team.atlassian.com/topics, then drill down on an individual topic) is similar to the Project Updates screen, but I prefer its presentation (tighter, more-focused).
This might be easier, since they can follow the label and project owners can handle adding the label vs. your manager having to keep up with following several projects.
Yes, I agree. Weekly updates can be easily managed from the Updates section for each project.
Topics are one of my favorite functionalities in Atlas. If you set the tags for projects you can group or aggregate them under the 'Topics' section. You can also do this for goals. The list of projects under 'Topics' can be represented as a table or a timeline. 'Topics' also has a tab for updates that aggregate all the updates for the projects labeled with the same tag.
Hey @Michele A_ Fisher thanks for trying out Atlas! Big +1 to the suggestions already posted here but I'd also recommend checking out https://www.atlassian.com/loop/about and review it with your manager.
The rhythms of teamwork, powered by Atlas, require being bought into the broader cultural framework of how project comms should work. This is exactly why we made the loop site to help folks go through that journey of cultural change. Keen to hear how you go with it!
Agree and the same use case that I am looking to use in our organisation. One challenge to call out using this approach is because tags/labels are free to anyone to create it gets tough to manage and maintain a format, i.e you end up with multiple tags for the same things.
I have raised an enhancement request with Atlas team to consider adding solutions to help better manage this.
Another approach could be creating custom filters on Goals or Projects for the things that you are specifically interested in. Once these filters have been created, other then the filters being added to either the Goal Or Project screens, they also automatically get added to the Home page in the section called Updates feeds
Thank you for sharing. I reviewed this this morning - https://www.atlassian.com/loop/about
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.