In our current roadmap, cards are color-coded based on the "Primary goal" field:

I thought that changing this would be a simple configuration setting, but no dice: I can't find a setting anywhere for this. So then I assumed that roadmaps are for some reason hard-coded to color cards based on goal. But I tested this by setting up a new JPD project, and I can't tell what is going on:

A few things to note here:
- The color coding of the card in the Now column is driven by the Roadmap field. I can test this by updating the color for the "Now" value, which changes both the card color and the column color.
- But the cards in the Next and Later columns don't have any color at all. The column is colored to match the Roadmap value, but the cards don't have a color.
What is going on here? The behavior is strange and I can't figure out how to adjust it.