Compass Product Owners: This is more a question for you
I am looking at making a significant investment into compass and onboarding about 125 assets. Whilst we do the automation I want to track uplift/compliance status with Custom Fields. Examples are .net version, azure subscription, isHighlyAvailable. Id like to be able to make scorecards against these values but it is currently very difficult. Id like to commit to compass because I see the potential.
However there are a few shortcomings and I want to know what the intention is before I commit
- Custom Field: Type single/multi list - fields are not available in Component search, will this be enabled? (can currently select but then not able to select list value)
- Custom Field: Type single/multi list - fields are not available in Scorecard criterion, will this be enabled?
- Custom Field: Type Text - Can only check for not null. However system fields like Repository can have regex as a validation rule. Will there be more complex rules made available on this Custom Field: Type Text?
Export to Excel: Whilst allowing you to manipulate the data for any reporting you desire. It would allow people to commit to Compass and to store component meta data in Compass. If compass scorecard criterion are not complex enough (yet) you could export to excel then use Excel to tell the story (uplift/compliance etc) instead. Is this on the roadmap?