Sometimes I think myself into a corner. When you enable Bamboo's Global Concurrent builds and set the value to 1, does that mean only 1 build of the same plan will run at the same time or only 1 additional build will run?
I ask because we configure our build plans with stages that deploy the build artifacts rather than using separate deployment plans. So most of the time, we do not want to run more than 1 version of the same plan concurrently. The default has worked well for us. But now we have a plan that does not deploy but is called by multiple other plans to update certain metrics that we track. We would like these plans to run concurrently. Because the parent plans pass different variables to the metrics plan, there is no problem with them running concurrently and no danger of them over-writing one another.
So my idea is to set the global concurrent value to 1 and the specific metrics plan to some value > 1. I apparently need to enable global concurrency and set the global value to something for the plan-level concurrency option to appear.
Does this seem reasonable?