Hello,
i need your help :-) A brief update on the current situation:
In our small company, a lot of boards have accumulated over time and I would like to introduce a new structure and thus order with immediate effect. For example, we use individual boards for marketing SEO, a board for the marketing website, a board for developer team 1, a board for developer team 2, and so on. The respective teams and colleagues work on their tasks on these boards. So far so good.
Now I would like to achieve the following:
I would like to create a roadmap board on which I create new features as a card. The board should serve as a general overview. In the columns I use e.g. Q1/24; Q2/24; Q3/24 etc., so that you can see at a glance when which feature is planned. I've already set all that up.
But now comes the part where I get stuck. Let me explain with an example:
Each feature consists of individual tasks that have to be completed in order for the feature to be finished. For the new feature "Redesign", team 1 has to work on 3 tasks, team 2 on 5 tasks and 2 tasks have been created in marketing to promote the new feature. So there are a total of 10 tasks that belong to this feature or the "Redesign" card and I don't want to create these 10 tasks as a card on the same roadmap board, but rather the teams should have the tasks/individual cards on their own board. Nevertheless, I would like to see an overview of the current status of all 10 cards on my "Redesign" card.
It would be nice if you could create a new topic, such as "Redesign", then write tasks directly in it and then assign them to the individual teams so that they apper as a card on their boards. The current status of the team cards should then be visible in the "Redesign" roadmap card, but the actual tasks should then be placed in the respective boards of the teams.
I would also like to achieve the same thing the other way round: A card is created in Team 1 board that is to be assigned to the "Redesign" card in terms of content - so I want to be able to add it there later.
I find the linking as an attachment very confusing.
Is there a solution / powerup for this? The idea is that every card on my roadmap board should be like an epic in Jira - it shall show what the feature is about, all tickets can be created there directly and assigned to the teams and you can always see the overview in the epic!
Can someone please help me?