Does the username used to connect, need Read/Write or Read only access to the SVN repository?
Thanks, Jaime Heenehan
Read only access is sufficient. FishEye and Crucible do not write any repository.
In fact buried somewhere in the documentation there is a recommendation that you create a "Fisheye" user in Subversion that has read-only access, for just this purpose. At our facility we already had a "build" Subversion user, so we use that, and it works just fine.
If your Fecru instance is installed on the name environment as your SVN repo, I suggest using the file:/// protocol as it requires no account and lightning fast.
Thanks Gabrielle. I've noticed that we have a number of repos in the same environment using the file:/// protocol, some have accounts specified and others don't. Is the account info not used, or can there be cases where it is needed? I've tried taking the account info out and doing the "Test Connection" and it is successful. But I've found that the "Test Connection" often shows the "successful" message when I know that it should be failing.
That account will not be used if you are using file:/// protocol
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.