We have the following experimental setup for Crowd. There are 3 docker containers running in Ubuntu - Crowd, Postgres and NGINX as a reverse proxy. The idea was that this setup should be easily replicated and started with docker-sompose on different host when needed.
Everything starts up and runs ok. I configured Crowd to connect to Postgres and added new Confluence client application. However when I try to authenticate user in Confluence it shows Crowd exception like the following:
"HTTP Status 403 - Client with address "172.18.0.5" is forbidden from making requests to the application"
172.18.0.5 is one of the internal docker IP addresses - I believe it is one of the NGINX container. I can not figure out why is it showing this address instead of real remote IP. I have these lines in NGINX configuration:
location / {
proxy_set_header Host $host;
proxy_set_header X-Real-IP $remote_addr;
proxy_set_header X-Forwarded-for $proxy_add_x_forwarded_for;
port_in_redirect off;
proxy_redirect http://crowd.example.com/ /;
proxy_pass http://crowd:8095;
}Shouldn't the X-Real-IP be passed to Crowd ? Anybody had similar setup working or have an idea what I could try ?
Thank you
HTTP Status 403 - Client with address "172.18.0.5" is forbidden from making requests to the application
HTTP Status 403 - Client with address "172.18.0.5" is forbidden from making requests to the application