Not sure how strange this is, but I tend to eat my food one thing at a time. I start with the thing on the plate that I like the least and work my way to the final thing which is the item I like best. Granted sometimes I have to have a few bites of each to determine which is the better items. :-)
Hey @Kristján Geir Mathiesen ! Sounds like when my mom used to hide candies from me when I was little XD
Fortunately, I don't have any strange habits discovered yet (They're probably here but still need to acknowledge them), but when I read your case, I thought maybe I can share a piece of advice: What if you created a special place, a 'Candy Cache,' where you put your hidden goodies?
That way, you won't forget to check the cache from time to time, and no more surprising discoveries in unexpected places!
@John Funk I do the same thing too with my food!!
Whenever I eat a PB&J sandwich, I always eat the crust off first so I can enjoy the soft, gooey parts of the middle. Problem is that the peanut butter and jelly ooze out the sides (or maybe that's not a problem?).
I also cannot fall asleep unless I am wearing thick wool socks - it doesn't matter how hot or cold it is outside but you take away my socks I ain't getting any sleep. I thought that was normal but at my work I'm an anomaly (no one wears socks to bed apparently).
@Sam Nadarajan - I eat my sandwiches the same way! haha
HAHA. @John Funk and @Sam Nadarajan ~ are you two related?? 😆
So I have this really strange habit of counting the number of actors I can name in a movie I'm watching. No idea why or where I picked this up (it's SO WEIRD!! 🙃) but it's an unconscious act at this point. It's typically 8 or so, if anyone is interested. 🙄
@John Funk and @Sam Nadarajan you must be long lost brothers! Funny, thanks for sharing.
@Laurie Sciutti that is a fun habbit. Yeah, wonder where or why you picked that up.
Good idea @Hind Kadiri From Jaanga
@Laurie Sciutti I'm going to invite you to our next movie night b/c my wife and I always see these actors/actresses in movies/TV Shows and we cannot figure out where we have seen them!
If I eat something sweet, I have to eat something salty next. BUT if I eat too many of the salty something, then it's time for one more bite of sweet. It drives my family crazy!
@Sam Nadarajan and @John Funk I do both of those things, too! Type A folks unite!
@Sam Nadarajan I love a pair of fuzzy bed socks, but only in cold weather! I have designated socks specifically for this purpose, so the dust and carpet fuzz of the day doesn't get into bed with me.
@Angi Bowman same! You have to have sweet and salty balance. It's as important as work/life balance.
Great prompt @Kristján Geir Mathiesen!
First, I'm joining the @John Funk @Sam Nadarajan @Amanda Barber band wagon on eating order
As for one of my own, when I "snuggle up" on the couch to watch a movie, most of the time I sit cross legged and throw a blanket over myself.
Naturally moving my ears without touching them when I'm stressed. Something like Alf:-
Okay, somebody needs to stress @Ram Kumar Aravindakshan _Adaptavist_ so I can see this!
This is very clickbaity TBT 😆 I love all the answers!
The only weird (and bad) habit I can think of is bitting my lips or the collar of t-shirt or jumper while working 🙈 I would really rather not do it though 😳
If we rent lodging, I'm always extra nervous that we forgot something. I have a tendency to go back and check each room 2-3 times just to make sure. I started having to close doors on rooms to tell me I've been through them.
Maybe it was because I left my winter boots in a room over 30 years ago in the middle of winter.
When I was a kid, my mom gave us a snack before bedtime every day. When I went to college, where snacks were not readily available (more than 40 years ago), I realized that I couldn't fall asleep unless I had a snack. I had to start grabbing a snack for later at dinnertime. To this day, if I am having trouble falling asleep, I eat something to see if that solves the problem.
@Barbara Szczesniak that's very interesting! Now I'm wondering what habits I'm forming with my daughter that will persist later on in life...hmmmm
I always ways save the best part of the meal to be eaten last.
@Kristján Geir Mathiesen
I am having the same habit of hidding chocolates, this time one new year I hidded 5 packets of chocolates and forgot where I kept and now by this TBT I am searching my chocolates.
Thanks for the Thread.
Vikram P
I wonder if we are all focusing on food habits because @Kristján Geir Mathiesen started with a habit related to food? 🙂
Probably so @Barbara Szczesniak - but feel free to add other weird habits that you have. I GUARANTEE @Kristján Geir Mathiesen has more weird stuff he could share. :-) Maybe this could be a lightning talk for him at the Community area during Team 24!
Reading a ton of random things which sometimes is not related to anything I do or like or enjoy....?Just. Random. Reads.Heh..
Hahaha, @John Funk yes I have a TON! I am a clean freak and put stuff away quickly. Sometimes I am working on something with my tools and I put them away BEFORE the task is completed, just so I can get them back. Suck a weird nut...
Thanks everyone for sharing. Fun to read. We as humans are all a bit strange and weird in our own kind of way. That is what makes us human :=) Lots of love and hugs to everyone. Have a fantastic Tuesday!
Is nose-picking also categorized as a strange habit? I don't do it so just a doubt.
Great topic @Kristján Geir Mathiesen and this time I am glad I came to this post late as it was fun reading all the comments. I also have a sweet tooth, but my weird habit is being so organized. I can't stand messy so everything in my house is spit spot and clean all the time Sometimes I clean things that aren't even dirty. And I have everything organized so well with containers in drawers and cabinets to hold things. I even am obsessed watching organization videos on YouTube!
Glad you are enjoying this thread, @Summer Hogan And hahaha, I am also a clean freak so I can relate.
Sounds like you and my wife should connect. She is also really into containers in drawers, etc. like you described. We moved a year ago and she finally found the right "holders" for zip lock bags, the aluminum foil, the clear wrap that she wanted. Good stuff!
I am not sure if it is 'strange' enough.However, whenever I start any movie or series, I tend to 'finish watching it' even if the content might be outright bad. I have sat through pretty bad ones for this 'odd' habit of mine.I am positive there would be others out there with this behavior.
I'm there with you, @Ankush Bora! I don't know if I'm just holding out hope that the movie, book, etc. will get better or I just have to go all the way to the end to make sure it doesn't.
@Barbara Szczesniak: Those never get better. Do they?In fact, many of them I have watched which got worse towards the end.
As a middle-aged Indian working woman, I've got this delightful quirk that never fails to pick me up! Picture this: every morning, I transform into a Bollywood diva in my bathroom! With the tunes of classic Bollywood hits blaring, I channel the essence of iconic female stars, from Madhuri Dixit's graceful moves to Sridevi's impeccable expressions. My family often wonders if I've lost it, but hey, it's my daily dose of joy before diving into the corporate hustle. There's something utterly liberating about nailing those signature dance steps and dramatic dialogues, even if it's just for my eyes only. It's my little secret to starting the day with a giggle!
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.