Hi,Is it possible to set dependent connections between the fields in the Jira discovery product? Example: If I change a field for an idea, could another field also be changed automatically?
Thanks,Mieke
Hi @Mieke-Kora Mantsch
That is possible, yes. It however depends a bit on your use case and the complexity of it. You should use automation rules for this.
Could you provide more context about what you wish to achieve, i.e., which field are you changing and what should happen to the other field?
Hello Mieke,
Yes, you can use Automation in your Jira Product Discovery projects : https://support.atlassian.com/jira-product-discovery/docs/automate-your-discovery/
Don't hesitate to elaborate on your use case so we can help you set up the rule
Best Regards,HermanceProduct Manager @ Jira Product Discovery
Hi @Mart Postma ,Thanks for your prompt reply! My use case would be the following: If I enter a certain value in a field within a list, a value should automatically be displayed in another field. For example, if I select the option "car" for field a, the option "driver" should automatically appear in field b.Is this possible?
Thanks, Mieke
Yes, that would be possible. On a very high-level, this is what you should try to implement, where "Labels" is your custom field. If that value changes, another field should be edited in the then-action.
Happy to help out with further implementation if you provide more details & need more help.
Hi Hermance,Thanks for your feedback.
I know how to use automation in Jira, but I don't know how automation works in the Jira discovery product. I would like that if the field with the red border is changed (see attached), the field with the blue border is also automatically adjusted. So a dependency of the fields must be defined somewhere.
Using your new information in the thread with @Hermance NDounga - I would suggest the following implementation:
Hope it helps! Good luck.
Yes, so you would need to go in the automation tab of your discovery project and create a rule that when your field Epic is changed, then it also changes your field Strategic pillar, that's where you define the depency of these two fields
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.