
Hey there! Ever chatted with folks about the first car they ever had? It's like opening a treasure chest of memories.
When you toss out the question, "What was your first car?" it's like you're unlocking a door to a time when gas didn't cost an arm and a leg, and life was a bit less serious. The answers you get are like mini-stories filled with the excitement of youth and the thrill of having your own set of wheels.
Each response is a snapshot of someone's history – maybe it's a hand-me-down car that's been through a lot, or it's the first car someone bought with money they worked hard for. These stories are like a patchwork quilt made up of funny car troubles, road trips with pals, and the tunes of a time that's now a bit of a throwback.

Well, I grew up with a dad who was - and still is - passionate about cars. He used to work at the Ford car plant in Genk, Belgium.

As a kid, the only thing I played with was cars: Matchbox, Majorette, SIKU, BBurago. I watched my father own more than 20 cars from different makes, from a Simca 1000 Rally, an Alfa Romeo Alfetta GTV6, lots of Fords (Fiesta, Escort, Capri, Sierra, ...) to the Mercedes-Benz SLK he has now.
At the age of 22 - after driving a couple of years with my mother's Ford Fiesta - I got to my first second-hand car from my grandfather.
It was a 1989 Ford Fiesta 1.8D CL which I owned from 1996 until 1999.
It made my own with some tweaks and a set of original RS Turbo wheels.
At the time, I was a member of a Ford owners club and on Sundays, we drove to national and international meetings.

So, asking about that first car is like saying, "Tell me about your time-traveling adventures on wheels!" What was your first car, and what cool stories does it carry with it?