The main issue: I want to know if anyone's figured out the cheapest option to pull numerical information from trello cards and generate some kind of a reliable dashboard or business metrics spreadsheet view all within Trello?
The context: A laser cutting and engraving business uses Trello to manage projects—one card per job. They meticulously enter in all the information like materials used, quoted price, actual price, materials cost, time spent, etc. They're recording a great deal of helpful information that would guide their business decisions if I could develop a way for all those cards to auto-populate a spreadsheet, and/or some way to use formulas to add up things like total monthly gross income, average time spent per job, total monthly materials cost, etc. Anything along those lines.
The solutions I've learned about so far all require either paid power-ups or multiple platforms:
- Trello + Unito to Google Sheets (for two-way syncing, paid)
- Trello + Zapier to Google Sheets (for one-way data automation, paid)
- Move from Trello to Jira (where metrics and analytics are more natively built-in)
Summary:
I just have to know if anyone has a free and/or Trello-native solve for this. Is everyone seriously paying for Zapier or Unito? Or are y'all using both Trello and Jira? Or are y'all just manually entering everything in between platforms?
Where are smaller, service-based companies (who use Trello) building out their metrics dash?
Any help would be great—I'm already aware of the more obvious solutions but since they're relatively costly, I'm MOST curious about free or Trello-platform-only solutions to keep things simple for this business. Less cost and less time spent on learning new tools is a plus.
TIA