I would like to have a board that does not use the same custom fields as my current main board. I do not want my main workspace board to be cluttered with my back end custom fields. Is this possible to separate without having a second workspace?
Custom fields are unique at a board level so you can have different custom fields from your main board to back end. How custom fields work is that if you move or copy a card with from board A to board B with custom fields completed (they have data in them), they will then exist on Board B. The key is to ensure any custom fields you don't want copied to Board B are cleared before moving/copying a card.
https://support.atlassian.com/trello/docs/using-custom-fields/#Moving-and-copying-cards-with-Custom-Fields
Thank you, I do know how the custom fields work. I should have put more description in my question, I was trying to find out if it’s possible to have a completely different set of custom fields to choose from on a separate board or if every custom field has to always be displayed as an option on all boards in the same workplace.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.