I cannot the agent to recognize that /usr/bin/mvn exists. Hence my matrix says not jobs can be run. I even installed maven from a tar.gz and still bamboo gives the little red x for 'mvn exists'. What can I do to figure out what is going on?
Sorry Piotr, I misunderstood. I added _only_ /home/pstefaniak/apache-maven-2.2.1 as the path and now it seems to be running. Of course this means that maven needs an non-standard install on linux, which, I would think, should be considered a bug. Buy hey, at least I'm past this. Thanks!
Did you add maven as a capability? For the agent?
Yes. I've added /usr/bin/mvn as an executable and it shows in the agent. But when I run the build or view the matrix I get error saying 'mvn exists' (not exits is what it means).
I really wish bamboo would verify an executable when its created not sometime later.
Can you paste the screenshot of your agent capabilities relevant configuration page(s)? I do wonder if you added /usr/bin/mvn as a Maven capability (good) or as an custom executable capability (not good)...
I added it as an executable. But also (somewhere else) I added it by selecting from a list that showed Maven 1.x, Maven 2.x, Maven 3.x. That seemed to make no difference. I have shutdown bamboo for a bit and restarted teamcity becuase we have some builds that need building. I'll get back to bamboo it a bit. Thanks!
Ok I deleted the maven executable and the maven job step and re-added both. Don't see what I did different but the agent can now run the job. However when it does I get various errors:
1) If I give a path to mvn as /usr/bin/mvn it tries to execute /usr/bin/mvn/bin/mvn
2) If I give a path of mvn it tries to execute mvn/bin/mvn
3) If I give a path of /usr I get
xception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/codehaus/classworlds/LauncherCaused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.codehaus.classworlds.Launcher at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:202) at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method) at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:190) at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:306) at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:301) at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:247)Could not find the main class: org.codehaus.classworlds.Launcher. Program will exit.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.