Hey everyone and happy Friday!
Since it’s Thanksgiving Day for some of our colleagues, I would like to write about something that I’m very thankful for: Music Videos.
Music and Video have always been one of the greatest tandems in communication and in the arts expression. Video enhances the Music experience and vice versa. Around the 80s (along with something called Mtv) songwriters, bands, and fans, started taking the Music Video creation to another level.
Later, Music Video directors became a breed of their own and started creating Music Videos that blew our minds in so many ways, that until this day, we go back and watch those several times in a row.
Music videos from Foo Fighters, The White Stripes, The Chemical Brothers, and Daft Punk always caught my eye and brain at some point.
I remember watching the Foo Fighters – Everlong Music Video and saying: “what the foo did I just watch???”, and after being able to record it on VHS (yup, V-H-S) I couldn’t stop watching it and analyze it. What a crazy thing it was. It's a great song with a fun, surreal, and sometimes scary video. What a ride!

Another video that changed my brain chemistry was The Chemical Brothers – Star Guitar. I love that Music Video. I can’t ride a train without thinking about this video, and, If I can I just listen to this song while looking out the window. The video is a continuous shot taken from a speeding train, and every element in the shot goes along with the music beats and the different song elements. It’s mesmerizing, relaxing, and captivating in so many ways.

And finally: Daft Punk – Around the World. This video is just super cool. The choreography goes along with every beat (AGAIN), and every group of characters represents every instrument in the song. I believe it is also a Musical-Visual achievement and a super fun video.
What do these three Music Videos have in common? (you might be asking yourself), they were directed by the same guy: Michel Gondry. (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michel_Gondry). He is a Movie, Music Video, and commercial director, with awesome creativity in some part of his brain. You might have watched MANY music videos that you didn’t know he directed, like the ones I mentioned above, and Björk, Radiohead, Queens of the Stone Age, Paul McCartney, and several more.
I have TONS of great videos to share and, nowadays we can find millions of super cool videos, so please, share yours and let me know about your favorite music videos! I'm looking forward to checking those out!